EOS PETRO VALUES
Eos' Values: Our Vision
As an international oil & gas exploration and production company, we aim to explore for and produce oil & gas in an economically, socially, and environmentally responsible way, for the benefit of our all our stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, business partners, host and home governments, and local communities.
We apply the same standards to our activities worldwide to satisfy both our commercial and ethical requirements. We strive to continuously improve our performance and to act in accordance with good oilfield practices and high standards of corporate citizenship.
We are committed:
- To act in a fair, honest and equitable way.
- To observe local laws and regulations.
- To respect local customs and traditions.
- To observe applicable international laws and standards.
- To uphold the ten principles of the United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labor standards, environment and anti-corruption.
- Towards our shareholders, to realize and sustain a good return on investment and a continuing growth of the assets.
- Towards our employees, to provide a safe and rewarding working environment.
- Towards host countries and resource owners, to find and produce oil & gas professionally, efficiently and responsibly.
- Towards local communities, to contribute to local development and higher living standards.
- Towards society, to contribute to wealth generation while limiting possible adverse impacts on the environment.
We seek to achieve high standards of performance, while being attentive and sensitive to the way our business is conducted.
We are committed to:
- Continuously seeking growth opportunities.
- Promoting innovation throughout our operations.
- Being flexible and take measured risks.
- Practicing free and fair competition.
- Upholding internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Maintaining transparency in the way we conduct operations.
- Honoring our commitments.
- Using appropriate and adequate means to protect our staff and operations.
- Refraining from accepting or offering improper payments, gifts, or engaging in bribery or any form of corrupt business practices.
- Seeking similar standards from our partners and contractors.
Attitude towards Employees
Our performance as a corporate entity is dependent upon the performance of our employees as individuals. We therefore aim to achieve maximum employee satisfaction and ultimate standards of performance.
To that end, we are committed to:
- Respecting and promote employees' rights, including freedom of association, and the right to collective bargaining.
- Offering rewarding working conditions.
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment.
- Realizing each employee’s individual potential through training and job promotion.
- Respecting the cultural diversity of our employees.
- Ensuring equal opportunity without discrimination on the basis of age, culture, disability, gender, race, religion, etc.
- Avoiding the direct or indirect use of child or forced labor.
Attitude towards Host Countries
We seek to respect and gain the respect of the countries in which we operate. Good relations with host countries are prerequisites to our business.
Wherever we operate, we are committed to:
- Observing local laws and rules.
- Respecting the sovereignty of the state.
- Observing and, through our example, promoting the rule of law.
Attitude towards Local Communities
Local communities may be affected by our operations.
To ensure that communities benefit from our presence, we are committed to:
- Encouraging local employment.
- Where appropriate, engaging in capacity building, through the transfer of skills and technologies.
- Where appropriate, working with local communities to improve their health, education and welfare.
- Respecting local people and their traditions.
- Minimizing disturbances that may be caused by our operations.
- Assessing the potential impact of our security arrangements.
- Refraining from any implications in tribal, internal or other armed conflicts or acts of violence.
Attitude towards the Environment
We strive to limit adverse impacts on the environment, thereby contributing to sustainable development.
We are committed to:
- Complying with applicable environmental laws, regulations, and international standards.
- Adhering to our environmental policy and sound management practices.
- Using appropriate products, equipment, and processes.
- Cooperating with industry, government, and the public on programs to protect the environment.
- Minimizing and mitigating the effects of pollution within the scope of our operations.
- Assessing and monitoring our environmental performance, including in relation to climate change.